Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard 0.5.0 for Mandriva Linux 2010.3
Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard is a Qt-based MIDI events generator and receiver
It doesn't produce any sound by itself, but can be used to drive a MIDI synthesizer (either hardware or software, internal or external). You can use the computer's keyboard to play MIDI notes, and also the mouse. You can use the Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard to display the played MIDI notes from another instrument or MIDI file player. To do so, connect the other MIDI port to the input port of VMPK.
The binaries are built against Qt 4.8.2 (ie the release installed in the MIB-made Mandriva "2010.3"; for previous Qt versions (any >= 4.4 is OK), please grab the srpm file and rebuild it against your Qt libraries.
Changelog (from release 0.4.0):
* RtMidi 1.0.15 patched enabling several MIDI drivers to be compiled at once, and allowing the user to select one at runtime.
* Fixed Bug #3507732. Transpose does not update correctly the octave in note name.
* Fixed Bug #3503768. Removing the shortcut for an action having default shortcut keys, the change is not saved upon exit, so the shortcut appears
again the next execution.
* Fixed Bug #3502659. Saved preferences not set correctly.
* New implementation of the Network MIDI driver (UDP multicast).
* MIDI channel state enforcement (RFE #3517750)
* MIDI IN Omni mode.
* Independently enable/disable note input using keyboard, mouse, and touch screen.
* Note highlight color policies (single, double, one color for each MIDI channel, one color for each grade in the chromatic scale). Color palettes editor dialog.
Option to show a colorized scale.
* XML comments within keyboard map files are allowed.
MIB Forum topic:
|< Prev||Next >|