Kwooty 0.9.0 for Mandriva Linux 2010.3
Kwooty is a a KDE-based nzb usenet binary downloader.
Kwooty handles automatic file repairing archive extraction, multi-server support, smart par2 download, shutdown scheduler and more...
The binaries are built against KDE 4.8.4 (ie the release installed in the MIB-made Mandriva "2010.3"; for using kwooty with previous KDE versions, please grab the srpm file and rebuild it against your KDE.
- Automatic file verification/repairing
- Automatic archive extraction (Rar, Zip and 7z, split archive formats supported)
- Multi-server support
- Automatic download retry in case of failure
- Built-in YEnc and UUEncode file decoders
- Bandwidth throttle and scheduler
- Favorite transfer folder for each type of downloaded contents
- Watch Folder
- File queue and priority management
- System shutdown scheduler
- Save/Restore pending downloads when application is closed/open.
- Built-in SSL connection support
- Pause/Resume downloads
- Suspends downloads if disk is full
- Display of Remaining Time or Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
- Display of available free disk space
- Automatic connection to host at start-up
- Automatic file downloading after openning Nzb file
Changelog (from release 0.8.4):
- New plugin: "Categories". This plugin allows to transfer downloaded contents to favorites folders defined in the plugin settings.
- Scheduler plugin: bypass feature added. Scheduler can now be bypassed for items manually set on "Start" or "Pause" or both (to be configured in Scheduler settings).
- Scheduler plugin: new nzb items can now automatically be set on Pause when appended (feature is enabled if "Always limit download speed" is checked).
- Scheduler plugin: better download/pause behavior.
- New option "Display tiny file names" in "Display Mode" settings.
- Better distinction of par2 files: to improve readability, name of par2 files is displayed in gray.
- The mean download speed of each server has been added nearby its current download speed in the server statistics panel (feature request).
- Bug fix: maximized setting about server statistics panel was sometimes not correctly restored between kwooty's sessions.
MIB Forum topic: