Codeweavers CrossOver 15 ... > Run Windows Software on Linux

News dal mondo dell' I.T.C. Partecipa anche tu.
NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Codeweavers CrossOver 15 ... > Run Windows Software on Linux

Post by NicCo »

Official Website:
https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-linux

Codeweavers with its latest version of Crossover 15 has done a very good job with an easy application install interface:

It's based on Wine 1.8 codebase, and it has a great list from which is possible to choose and install thousands of apps...
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/toplists

I've tried the trial version, in my opinion it's really an useful program that can fill the gap with missing windows software
Even the most die-hard Linux users sometimes need to run Windows software once in a while. Some keep an old Windows PC around, some dual-boot, some use a virtual machine, while others have discovered the power of CrossOver Linux. CrossOver enables you to run the Windows programs you need on your favorite Linux distro like Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, Debian, RHEL and more.

Easy, Economical & Efficient
CrossOver Linux

Not only is CrossOver easy to set-up, our CrossTie technology makes installing your Windows software simple, with one click installation. Effortlessly switch between Linux and Windows programs and play Windows games at native speeds.

Unlike other cross-platform compatibility solutions, CrossOver doesn’t require that you purchase a Windows license ($99) in order to run Windows software on your Linux – and with subscriptions starting as low as $39.95 USD, CrossOver is the most economical choice for running your Windows software on your Linux distro.

Requiring less than 150 Mb of free space (depending on your Linux distro), CrossOver Linux doesn’t have the overhead of a Windows operating system like a virtual machine which means you don’t have to dedicate gigabytes and gigabytes of hard drive space. Allowing you to efficiently run the Windows software you need on Linux with CrossOver.
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: Codeweavers CrossOver 15 ... > Run Windows Software on L

Post by NicCo »

--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL