Utente
Utente
ROSA: R3 2012.1 x86_64
OpenMandriva: OMV 2014.0 x86_64
Kernel: 3.13.11-nrjQL-realti
Desktop: KDE 4.13.2

KSysTrayCmd? new behavior in KDE 4.3.5

Post by rolf »

There is something a bit unwelcome for me that I think is associated with the upgrade to KDE 4.3.5 MIB, which is, otherwise, just fine, thanks.

It seems that when I boot to desktop and start the first program, usually Seamonkey, a Seamonkey icon is placed in the tray, where I have tried to reduce icons to a relative minimum. It's purpose seems to duplicate that of the Seamonkey icon already in Task Manager. When I right-click, the context menu of this superfluous icon is titled KSysTrayCmd, which seems to come from here:
kdebase4-workspace:/usr/bin/ksystraycmd

Since ksnapshot won't capture this context menu, I thought to make a small .ogv with qt-recordmydesktop and that is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1286780/ksystraycmd.ogv

If I select to 'undock', the icon disappears and does not reappear for the session. I have started systemsettings first on one occasion and that was the one and only ksystraycmd icon for that session. Google shows a manual for ksystraycmd that does not appear to be packaged but I could not find some way to disable this in the online copy. Otherwise, google was not more fruitful for me about this. Does someone have more familiarity about this new, to me, behavior? Thanks.

rolf
Utente
Utente
ROSA: R3 2012.1 x86_64
OpenMandriva: OMV 2014.0 x86_64
Kernel: 3.13.11-nrjQL-realti
Desktop: KDE 4.13.2

Re: KSysTrayCmd?...

Post by rolf »

I think I found, generally, how this ksystraycmd icon came into being on this machine. While looking in the Autostart module of systemsettings, I saw the bluetooth-applet executable I had added in this gui program, trying to have the gnome-bluetooth applet icon restored to the tray at each desktop start. That never did show up but there was a 'ksystraycmd' prepended, somehow, to the executable, '/usr/bin/bluetooth-applet'. I don't recall putting 'ksystraycmd' there but, as it looked suspicious, I removed this command from Autostart. Next boot, at least, the tray icon for first gui program started does not appear anymore.