Nuovo utente
Nuovo utente
OpenMandriva: 2009.0
Desktop: Gnome

Madwimax and libusb for Samsung SWC-U200

Post by Israel »

Hello

I am Israel from Nicaragua.

I am testing a new wimax network and I have a Wimax Modem Samsung SWC-U200.

I am tryng to put online this thing with mandriva and in the web pages I found a russian project with the drivers, the proyect is madwimax. A russian guy made a RPM (http://peter.infosreda.com/ru/2009/03/0 ... ndriva_rpm read with google translate LOL) and the package install but the program is bugging and don´t make the connection, then I found the source project and try to compile it but fails in the ./configure stage.

Madwimax have a dependence, libusb, i compile it and seems to install in a directory not standar on mandriva...

The question is, were is the defualt directory when mandriva put the libraries?

I tried configurate libusb with this command line: "./configure --prefix=/lib" then "make" and "make install"

Then I tried compile madwimax with this form: "./configure libusb_CFLAGS=/lib --without-man-pages" and fail!

Please help

Links:
http://code.google.com/p/madwimax/
http://www.libusb.org/

SymbianFlo
Utente sostenitore
Utente sostenitore
OpenMandriva: 2010.1 x86_64
Kernel: 2.6.33.5-nrj-69mib
Desktop: kde4.5.rc1

Re: Madwimax and libusb for Samsung SWC-U200

Post by SymbianFlo »

hy
on mdv default prefix path is "/usr" and i think that lsub use as default "/usr/local"

Code: Select all

Installation directories:
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
                          [/usr/local]
./configure --help said:

Fine tuning of the installation directories:
  --bindir=DIR            user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
  --libexecdir=DIR        program executables [EPREFIX/libexec]  
  --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]                                                                        
  --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data [PREFIX/com]                                                             
  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]                                                                       
  --libdir=DIR            object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]                                                                               
  --includedir=DIR        C header files [PREFIX/include]                                                                                   
  --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include]                                                                         
  --datarootdir=DIR       read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]                                                              
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]                                                             
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]                                                                             
  --localedir=DIR         locale-dependent data [DATAROOTDIR/locale]                                                                        
  --mandir=DIR            man documentation [DATAROOTDIR/man]                                                                               
  --docdir=DIR            documentation root [DATAROOTDIR/doc/libusb]                                                                       
  --htmldir=DIR           html documentation [DOCDIR]                                                                                       
  --dvidir=DIR            dvi documentation [DOCDIR]                                                                                        
  --pdfdir=DIR            pdf documentation [DOCDIR]                                                                                        
  --psdir=DIR             ps documentation [DOCDIR]  
you shoud try instead of:

./configure 
this
Installation directories:

./configure  --prefix=/usr  
:D ciao ciao SymbianFlo :D
Linus Torvalds only has to enter a room, and every Windows computer in it segfaults instantly.
http://video.linuxfoundation.org/video/1057