fraterlinux
Utente junior
Utente junior
OpenMandriva: 2011
Kernel: kernel-nrj-pae-deskt
Desktop: KDE4

Why mageia is not supported by MIB?

Post by fraterlinux »

With Mageia 1 I wore MIB packages for MDV 2010.2, now Mageia 2 can't use MIB packages. :(

Why mageia is not supported by MIB?

The most essential and that is sorely lacking in Mageia are the NJR kernels of the MIB.

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Re: Why mageia is not supported by MIB?

Post by rugyada »

fraterlinux wrote:With Mageia 1 I wore MIB packages for MDV 2010.2, now Mageia 2 can't use MIB packages. :(
I'm so sorry...
fraterlinux wrote:Why mageia is not supported by MIB?
We have no time, and we are not interested.
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)

fraterlinux
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by fraterlinux »

Could provide a how-to for me to compile a Kernel NRJ in my Mageia 2?

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Post by NicCo »

MIB = Mandriva International Backports

BTW, I inform you that since Mandriva 2011 and even 2010.2:
ROSA has been the biggest real supporter for Mandriva and its new Free Foundation, and not a fork...

naturally our choise was the most obvious for the MIB guys, as a logical, natural and positive evolution!

So, if you simply search with google the MIB site title should be clear:
Mandriva and ROSA Linux Blog & Forum - Mandriva International Backports - Il Sito Internazionale per gli utenti di Mandriva e ROSA Linux. - The International Website for Mandriva and ROSA linux users...

What is not clear for You?
if you go in a Mint site asking about Ubuntu, in a Debian site asking about Ubuntu, or in a Gentoo site asking about Sabayon, or in Fedora site asking about Centos, and so on...,

the most probable and polite answer you could expect to receive is that you are in the wrong place...

That's the reason for which we had a banner saying "Mageia, no thanks", to avoid this kind of useless and time wasting topics... (by some users this banner had not been understood properly)
That banner had no offensive reason intention at all, but only to inform that we couldn't / can't give any support to mga users because we are very busy and we have no time, we all have mdv 2010.3 and / or rosa2012lts installed, and consequently we have no interest!
It was published because people kept writing in vain on the same topic, and we were tired of having to always answer the same questions

MIB respects all the linux distros and we would like to support all the them, but this would be a merely utopia...

On the other hand, we are very satisfied by ROSA 2012 MARATHON LTS, features and support, we'll continue to support ROSA (recent rosa2012lts and the next 2012.1), Mandriva (2010 to 2011) and the new distro (MoonDrake?) by the Foundation that was born from Mandriva Community developers

For the future, who knows, only time will tell...

Bye, NicCo
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

fraterlinux
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by fraterlinux »

NicCo. Ok! You chose the fork Rosa, I like Mandrake user since version 7 felt at home in Mageia. I will not bother you about it!

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Post by NicCo »

fraterlinux wrote:NicCo. Ok! You chose the fork Rosa, I like Mandrake user since version 7 felt at home in Mageia. I will not bother you about it!
You are wrong! Please, don't spread FUD! Perhaps you are not well informed...

We respect all GNU/Linux distros, Mageia is surely a great distro like many others,
but it is good to say what is true and obvious, or should be for the people really informed about the facts...

ROSA is NOT the fork, while Mageia is the fork that menaced for real the existence of Mandriva as Comunitary and Free Linux Distribution,
so if the Mandriva Foundation will lead to a new distro (Mandriva/MoonDrake/OtherName 2012) the main thanks must go to ROSA economic support!

If not for the presence of ROSA, we should not had neither Mandriva 2010.2, infact ROSA started helping Mandriva since about that time...

So you choosed the fork Mageia, that's OK for you, you feel at home and I'm happy for you :)
I (and MIB all) stay with the original Mandriva and its loyal community developers and users...

If we had more developers, we wish to support actively more distros, opensuse, sabayon, mageia, but our resources and time are limited and we are sorry but we can not really do more...

We had to give Mandriva 2011, our active support now includes mdv2010.2/2010.3 and ROSA MARATHON, while we have not time for mdv2011:
BTW, ROSA 2012 MARATHON is the logical spin, direct evolution and improvment above Mandriva 2011, and mdv2011 is easily upgradable to that
There is no reason not to switch from Mandriva 2011 to ROSA 2012, apart from some bad misinformation

bye, NicCo
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

fraterlinux
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by fraterlinux »

NicCo,

I do not come here to discuss. Let this point aside, because discussions so just take time.

I came here on behalf of the community MageiaBr propose a partnership and understood that you don't have the time. Thought in the MIB to help community MageiaBr due to the long years of packaging experience to Mandriva. Just that I always seek rochaz never split.

Respect your opinion and I hope you have success in your projects!