Collaboratore
Collaboratore
ROSA: 2012.1
OpenMandriva: -
Kernel: 3.9.11-nr-laptop
Desktop: KDE ROSA 4.11.0

where are my sources in ABF?

Post by tobal »

Hi! Since the last maintainance on ABF web i don't have my sources packages, only some files, like patches, but anything else. Ooohhh and a new file .abf.yml . ABF promised no delete our files to us, but it isn't so. None apologises and none a full explanation about what we must doing now. So, Can someone explain to me how can i update my packages now, step by step?
Thanks.

alex.burmashev
Nuovo utente
Nuovo utente
Kernel: 3.6.7
Desktop: KDE

Re: where are my sources in ABF?

Post by alex.burmashev »

Hello, actually there is no problem at all ( at least from my side of view ). This tarball "removal" is the part of some changes that were made on ABF. They were announced and explained to the maillists ( rosa-devel and abf-users ), but here is a short summary:
Since git history became rather big, checking out projects with big tarball became VERY slow. Libreoffice for example could literally take an hour of your time to check out. And for many people git was not even able to check out anything.

So there was introduced a new service - file-store ( file-store.rosalinux.ru ) which was created specially to store tarballs from ABF projects. As you can see you have a yml file in you project folder, it contains file name and it's hash. The file can be found using the hash on the file-store.

To store file there or restore them there, as well as create this yml file automatically, you can use ABF console clients ( abf-console-client and abb ).
If you will check carefully you will notice that tarballs were just moved there, but not changed or harmed in any way.
To be honest - if storing tarballs directly in a project folder is vital and very important - you can always revert this change and store file back in git, while this is not actually recommended.

Thanks for the question and feel free to ask for additional details!

tobal
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
Kernel: 3.9.11-nr-laptop
Desktop: KDE ROSA 4.11.0

Re: where are my sources in ABF?

Post by tobal »

Ok, thanks
when do i want make a new project i mus upload my src.rpm file as before?