Collaboratore
ROSA: 2016.1 Fresh R10
OpenMandriva: -
Kernel: 4.19.13-nrj-desktop
Desktop: Plasma 5

Re: vaapi nvidia driver

Post by GvMariani »

promeneur wrote:i don't understand.
you speak about 7.7 , 7.6 . what are they ?
in the repo i have :
xinit 1.3.1 2010.1 from main release
xinit 1.3.1 2010.2 from mesa-xorg/xserver (the one which is installed)
what is the 7.6 one ?
i must reinstall xinit 1.3.1 2010.1 from main release ?
what is the list of rpms i must reinstall ?
7.6 / 7.7 are the version number of the so-named "katamari", ie the whole
xorg release you have installed: it includes not only the xserver and their drivers and libraries, but also the fonts, many apps and utilities...
If you search for the "xorg-x11" package, you will find that the old one from Main was "7.6" while the one in our site is "7.7" (this is the main meta-package allowing to install all the needed bits for a working xserver install).

And yes, you should try to replace the new xinit with the main-provided one...

GvM

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior
ROSA: -
OpenMandriva: 2010.3 i586
Kernel: 3.5.7 nrj dsktp pae
Desktop: MIB kde 4.8.4

Post by promeneur »

i reinstalled the previous xinit then same issue

is there other previous rpms to reinstall ?

perhaps at least xinitrc ?
Asus M2N, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, 8 GB, Asus Nvidia 210 silent, Linksys WMP600N, Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, lecteur multicarte Addonics AEIDDSAU, HP LaserJet 1220

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

since i updated xserver with mesa-xorg/xserver/
i have this messages launching vlc, drakrpm or kwrite :

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-mdv-CJK-dualwidth.conf", line 17: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/25-mdv-CJK-disable-hinting.conf", line 15: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/85-wqy-bitmapsong.conf", line 33: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/85-wqy-bitmapsong.conf", line 52: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Asus M2N, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+, 8 GB, Asus Nvidia 210 silent, Linksys WMP600N, Plugable USB-BT4LE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, lecteur multicarte Addonics AEIDDSAU, HP LaserJet 1220

GvMariani
Collaboratore
Collaboratore

Post by GvMariani »

promeneur wrote:since i updated xserver with mesa-xorg/xserver/
i have this messages launching vlc, drakrpm or kwrite :
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/20-mdv-CJK-dualwidth.conf", line 17: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/25-mdv-CJK-disable-hinting.conf", line 15: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/85-wqy-bitmapsong.conf", line 33: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/85-wqy-bitmapsong.conf", line 52: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not works as expected
Me too...
AFAICT is harmless.

GvM

GvMariani
Collaboratore
Collaboratore

Post by GvMariani »

promeneur wrote:i reinstalled the previous xinit then same issue
is there other previous rpms to reinstall ?
perhaps at least xinitrc ?
You could try also this...
but it should not be involved.

BTW when the thing occurs, do you get error messages (graphical or in the .xsession-errors file) about "org.freedesktop.hal.storage.xxx?

GvM

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

not any error messages in the gui or .xsession-errors

i scan many logs in /var/log/ then i find nothing

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

a last idea : iceauth and xauth ?

what are these components ?

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

is there a way to trace messages from kde device notifier as wjen we launch in konsole an app ?

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

another idea : a version dbus pb ?

GvMariani
Collaboratore
Collaboratore

Post by GvMariani »

promeneur wrote:a last idea : iceauth and xauth ?
what are these components ?
Nope.
From their spec files:
The iceauth program is used to edit and display the authorization information used in connecting with ICE
The xauth program is used to edit and display the authorization information used in connecting to the X server. This program is usually used to extract authorization records from one machine and merge them in on another (as is the case when using remote logins or granting access to other users)
They have nothing to do directly with KDE and access to storage devices, AFAICT...
another idea : a version dbus pb ?
Perhaps, but if you are with 2010.3 you already have the latest dbus we backported (the same I'm using on the build machine) so I cannot see how it could be involved.
In a such case, however, you should also find error messages in /var/log/messages or dmesg or .xsessio-errors (the string "org.freedesktop.hal.storage.xxx" I cited above is indeed an example of DBus related message destination: you should find similar strings scattered in your logs...).
is there a way to trace messages from kde device notifier as wjen we launch in konsole an app ?
You should play with the kdebugdialog utility: it allows you to enable/disable selectively debug messages from KDE components and installed programs...
It is not immediately clear, however, what debug messages enable (and there is a lot of them...):
you can only go by a trial and error process, I fear...
Looking at the list displayed on my PC, I would try:
180 kdecore / 297 kdeui (KnotificationRestrictions) / 297 kdeui (KNotification) / 920 Solid (kdelibs) / 1205 kdesud / 1206 kdesu / 1440 Solid (HAL) / Polkit1AuthAgent / Storage Debug / dolphin /kdesu (kdelibs) / policykit1-kde

After reloading KDE and another test there is still nothing in your log file?

And, before trying this I would also make sure that is not a configuration problem of the Device Notifier: does the problem happen also with a fresh created test user?
If so you should try to remove the old configuration file (I don't know where to look for it, though).

GvM

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

new user

suprising issue !
-i have 2 kde device notifier icons in the systray when inserting a card
- no kde device notifier appears when inserting an usb key

then a new track : a conflict between hal and udisk.

i know with ksysguard that hal and udisk both polls the dvd unit then i think hal and udisk manage both card or usb key insertion then conflict then launching app from notifier fails.

how to say to hal not to manage what udisk manages ?

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

i deleted in .kde4/share/config/ kded_device_automounterrc and device_automounter_kcmrc
then
same failure

GvMariani
Collaboratore
Collaboratore

Post by GvMariani »

promeneur wrote:new user
suprising issue !
-i have 2 kde device notifier icons in the systray when inserting a card
- no kde device notifier appears when inserting an usb key
then a new track : a conflict between hal and udisk.
i know with ksysguard that hal and udisk both polls the dvd unit then i think hal and udisk manage both card or usb key insertion then conflict then launching app from notifier fails.
how to say to hal not to manage what udisk manages ?
Yeah that could be...
however this is out of my expertise field (Pulfer is the guru here),
so I don't know ho to solve this:
here your guess is as good as mine...

Alas our xorg for 2010.2 is still compiled with HAL support to autodiscover input devices, otherwise you could try by totally disabling the HAL daemon.

GvM

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

disabling hal disables usb mouse and usb keyboard !
then
i can't disable hal

promeneur
Utente senior
Utente senior

Post by promeneur »

there is an inconsistency : kde 4.8.4 via solid uses udisk and xorg uses hal. it's time to unify this, isn't it ? moreover it is known that hal is now deprecated.