Amministratore
Amministratore

ROSA 2012.1 is frozen, soon will be merging for OpenMandriva

Post by NicCo »

ROSA 2012.1 is frozen, soon will start the merging for OpenMandriva

[rosa-devel] Release candidate stage - repository is becoming frozen

A: Maillist for ROSA developers.
Alex Burmashev wrote:Hello everyone.

From this moment of time we are beginning to freeze the rosa2012.1 repository.
What does this mean:
1) autopublish feature is disabled, nobody can autopublish packages to 2012.1 repo.

2) Manual publishing is enabled only for platform admins.
Currently there are a lot of people there, but i am going to leave there myself, Andrey Bondrov, Alex Kazancev and Arkady Shane ( for Gnome images ).
If you believe that you still need personal publishing feature - please contact me via one of the mail lists.

3) We are not going to start a full QA check for 2012.1 yet, packages still can be updated by maintainers and repo admins,
but if you can't contact some of platform admins to verify your update please create a QA request the same way as for 2012lts ( Marathon ).

4) If publish rights will be granted to you, please keep in mind that you keep responsibility and should not "break" the repo by your updates.
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: ROSA 2012.1 is frozen, soon will be merging for OpenMand

Post by NicCo »

[rosa-devel] Merging the openmandriva repo ( copy of the cooker email )
Sent > 2012, 12 08, 01.13 a.m.
Alexander Burmashev wrote:Hello everyone, some late news.

Initially i planned to start merging from the server physically very close to ABF, but not on ABF itself ( to avoid possible breakage and messing with the build server ). As usual i chose the perfect time - friday evening So when i was ready, the server was down for some reason and anyone who could set it up already offline...
But since our situation with cooker not yet merged is rather critical i decided to start the merging from my own PC. Of course it will be significantly slower, but it still does what it supposed to do.
For example you can have a look at this random package i took out of the processed list

https://abf.rosalinux.ru/openmandriva/a ... litza.spec
here you can easily notice that as promised mandriva history is not lost and latest ROSA commit is placed on top.

Looking at the number of projects to sync ( more then 15000 ) i am not going to wake up very early tomorrow I will inform you when the repos are merged, and provide any useful additional data to cooker people and ABF masters At first glimpse we will also need to check what packages were dropped from ROSA repo and were added there.
Currently each and every package that we have in both ROSA and cooker are being merged. If you have some additional requests or you notice that something is going wrong with the project in openmandriva git, do not hesitate to tell me.

P.S. If we are lucky and that close-to-ABF server will be up tomorrow, i will continue process from there and it should finish much faster..
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL