News and rumours about Mandriva after the 30 April GA

(News about Mandriva) Forum closed. Archive available.
NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

News and rumours about Mandriva after the 30 April GA

Post by NicCo »

Image News and rumours about Mandriva after the 30 April GA

Here some News and some credible rumours inside knowledge/rumours directly from the horse's mouth that I am have the exclusive privilege to write about for the first. ;)
  • At the Mandriva General Assembly, a capital increase of €6M was approved and would arrive at Mandriva in ten days
  • Leonid Reiman, and on the direct question from other shareholders concerning his commitment in Mandriva and belief in free software, where he made it very clear that he had the absolute, most definite trust in Free Software and had great respect of and worked on building his understanding of, which for the same applied to Mandriva, in addtion to it's strengths, superiourity potential, history, internationality, making him without any doubt reaffirm his trust in and commitment to both.
  • Mandriva will not rebase itself on mageia, nor join it's organization, although while we're very much willing to invite them and participate in an independent foundation on much of same premises, where they'd be allowed to continue their work without any forced influence by us, but being able to gain support and funding
  • Specifications for a Mandriva Linux 2012 release, new project leadership and a first alpha release is likely to be able to be released by the end of the month (unconfirmed yet, to be decided very soon).
For some more info about the general assembly itself, one should take a closer look at
http://www.boursorama.com/forum-mandriv ... LMAN-OTC-1
and also
http://forum.mandriva.com/fr/viewtopic. ... &start=400
(google.translate.com will be your friend).

Image Notizie e indiscrezioni circa Mandriva, dopo l'Assemblea Generale del 30 Aprile

Alcune importanti notizie ed attendibili indiscrezioni provenienti direttamente dalla "bocca del cavallo" di cui ho l'esclusivo privilegio di scriverne per primo ;)
  • All'Assemblea Generale degli azionisti Mandriva, è stato approvato un incremento di capitale di €6M e dovrebbe arrivare entro dieci giorni
  • Leonid Reiman, su specifica domanda rivoltagli dagli azionisti circa il suo impegno in Mandriva e sul free software, conferma la sua assoluta convinzione per il Free Software di cui ha un gran rispetto, e il suo impegno per diffonderlo che è lo stesso applicato per Mandriva in aggiunta ai suoi punti di forza, superiorità, potenziale, storia, internazionalità, e ribadisce la sua fiducia ed impegno su entrambe.
  • Mandriva non sarà basato su mageia, nè si unirà all sua organizzazione, benchè siamo più che disponibili ad invitarli a partecipare ad una fondazione indipendente che si basa perlopiù sugli stessi principi, dove potrebbero continuare il loro lavoro senza essere influenzati.
  • Le specifiche circa il rilascio di Mandriva Linux 2012, la nuova leadership del progetto ed una prima alpha release sarannno probabilmente rilasciate per la fine del mese corrente (non è ancora confermato, ma sarà deciso nei prossimi giorni).
Per maggiori informazioni circa l'Assemblea Generale, potreste dare uno sguardo approfondito
http://www.boursorama.com/forum-mandriv ... LMAN-OTC-1
ed anche qui
http://forum.mandriva.com/fr/viewtopic. ... &start=400
(eventualmente usa google.translate.com).

bye, NicCo
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

manuell
Nuovo utente
Nuovo utente
OpenMandriva: Elevator
Kernel: blurp-98
Desktop: HP

Re: News and rumours about Mandriva after the 30 April GA

Post by manuell »

The current capital increase is 4ME, not 6ME.

Townarea may choose to subscribe for an additional 2ME in shares, and 2ME in convertible bonds (in the next 18 months)

foundation/Distro: I was at the GA. Mr Croset said that several solutions were being studied, and that discussions were ongoing.
As far as i know, no decision is taken, still.

What's the level of confidence of your source?

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Re: News and rumours about Mandriva after the 30 April GA

Post by rugyada »

Hi.
Thanks for the correction.

Yes some decisions are still to be finalized soon, and then made them public.
These are rumors, someone would call it gossip. Only time will tell, although this is just what we hope will be.

Anyway we trust Mr./Mrs. X.
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)