Vanilla or phpBB, myBB (Official Forum OpenMandriva)

About OpenMandriva
Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior
ROSA: 2012.1
OpenMandriva: Rosa
Kernel: 3.2
Desktop: kde

Vanilla or phpBB, myBB (Official Forum OpenMandriva)

Post by Quiroga »

Between us we know the official forum is in maintenance OpenMandriva, plus they need moderators.

I have proposed:

Abandon the current format (vanilla) and move the format: phpBB, or myBB. that are more user friendly and easier to moderate.

and it would also be good to re-structure issues and general cleaning of obsolete items

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Re: Vanilla or phpBB, myBB (Official Forum OpenMandriva)

Post by rugyada »

Hello,

ROMA has not been built in one day. Same apply to OMA :P (web, infra, organization at large, ...).
So please be patient and trust the Teams and all people helping for the best experience with our services.
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)

Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by Quiroga »

not we leave the subject, at no time did mention to impatience.
the issue here is: vanilla, or phpBB, or myBB.

Your comment no references found to topic, I would like to know your opinion rugyada.
thank you! :)

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Post by rugyada »

Hello Quiroga,

you're partially right because it wasn't too much clear what's the meaning of my comment.

You must know that until now we've used a Vanilla version not yet customized, not multilanguage, and affected by some minor bugs, being well aware that it was a temporary version.

The users can take a look at the new OpenMandriva Forums
Raphaël Jadot wrote:forums2.openmandriva.org is now on the way to replace old
forums.openmandriva.org
which will be easy to enjoy once we'll become more accustomed to this modern tool.

That said, although I'm proudly part of a wonderful team, the Infra Team, the following are my personal opinion and considerations:

- OpenMandriva web tools have been chosen long time ago, reaching a consensus on Vanilla Forum. Since then, people have been working hard in order to offer the Community a pleasant and efficient environment.
- No, absolutely I don't see one sane reason to waste all the aforementioned time and resources.

Sorry... ;)

Anyway, I'm sure that my Infra Team colleagues would be happy to give you more technical informations and answers, if requested.

Thank you too for your comments.
Regards,
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)

Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by Quiroga »

Thanks for your answer !! :)

I've noticed the effort of the people who work in OpenMandriva to try to provide a good service.

But I think from the beginning, many of the decisions have not been productive.

a clear example is the official forum

that since it was vanilla, lost users, and is not functional for browsing

Vanilla will be a modern tool, but not functional

My personal opinion is that I would like the official forum this on myBB, or phpBB. are classic styles and friendly to navigate and participate

The team of OpenMandriva, should take a turn in his vision. trying to be more effective in their deciciones and address.

You mentioned that Rome was not built in a day, that's true.  But be effective for success.

I wonder how it is possible that another user group that broke off from Mandriva and have been able to launch three stable versions of your distro (Mag ---), and have been able to build a strong and growing community.

The answer is:
-Mag---: Effective vs -OpenMandriva: Ineffective

Everything is my point of view and my personal opinion, I hope to provide OpenMandriva reflection and hopefully find its way, but the key word is efficiency.

Greetings!

viking60
Nuovo utente
Nuovo utente
OpenMandriva: 2010,1
Kernel: 2.6.33.5
Desktop: gnome

Post by viking60 »

Quiroga wrote: I wonder how it is possible that another user group that broke off from Mandriva and have been able to launch three stable versions of your distro (Mag ---), and have been able to build a strong and growing community.

The answer is:
-Mag---: Effective vs -OpenMandriva: Ineffective
!
Well Mag.... does certainly not have their focus on maintaining their forum - it is a borderline disaster area - (but I will agree that Openmandrivas forum is worse).

Mag.. is efficient in developing a good distro - and that is what keeps the last few optimists in that forum.
It is a help forum where people in trouble ask questions and get good answers - thanks to the good people - not the forum.
If OpenMandriva combines the relatively good Beta with an up to date phpbb forum; they stand a chance of building a strong community IMHO.
Mandriva 2010.1 x86_64