network applet in rosa fresh does not record manual settings

About ROSA Desktop distribution and help to users
andreas
Utente
Utente

network applet in rosa fresh does not record manual settings

Post by andreas »

It's an annoyng problem. I'm running rosa fresh X64, and if I set the networking applet or via network settings in KCM, at next boot they are lost.
I had a look in etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file and it is left unchanged.
The only way to set it up correctly (and possibly having the manual settings retained after a reboot) is though the hardware configuration tool -run config tool tab. But, in this case, I guess that there is no possibility to handle different profiles.
Any suggestion?
AndreaS

Procio Intel i7-4930k, mobo Asus X79-Deluxe, Adaptec raid 7805, Nvidia Quadro 6000 - Rosa Fresh R3 X64

GvMariani
Collaboratore
Collaboratore
ROSA: 2016.1 Fresh R10
OpenMandriva: -
Kernel: 4.19.13-nrj-desktop
Desktop: Plasma 5

Re: network applet in rosa fresh does not record manual sett

Post by GvMariani »

andreas wrote:It's an annoyng problem. I'm running rosa fresh X64, and if I set the networking applet or via network settings in KCM, at next boot they are lost.
I had a look in etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file and it is left unchanged.
The only way to set it up correctly (and possibly having the manual settings retained after a reboot) is though the hardware configuration tool -run config tool tab. But, in this case, I guess that there is no possibility to handle different profiles.
Any suggestion?
If the thing is easily reproducible, then I would open a bug in the Rosa Bugzilla,
to have the issue sorted out...

GvM

andreas
Utente
Utente

Re: network applet in rosa fresh does not record manual sett

Post by andreas »

Hum, I guess it is reproducible: I installed Rosa twice and the defect is always there. The only particularity if any is that I declined to use Kwallet.
When I modify my settings the system doesn't ask me the root password, so probably is something in the authorization modules that does not work.
AndreaS

Procio Intel i7-4930k, mobo Asus X79-Deluxe, Adaptec raid 7805, Nvidia Quadro 6000 - Rosa Fresh R3 X64