Utente junior
ROSA: 2013
OpenMandriva: -
Kernel: -
Desktop: KDE

Smart Package Manager

Post by cabernet »

Rosa 12.1 AMD 64bit

I have been a fan of Smart Package Manager and would like to make use of it on my system. After upgrading to Rosa Desktop 12.1, Smart fails to run as per below. Any ideas on how to address this ?

# smart update
Loading cache...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/smart", line 200, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/bin/smart", line 173, in main
exitcode = iface.run(opts.command, opts.argv)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/smart/interface.py", line 53, in run
result = _command.main(self._ctrl, opts)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/smart/commands/update.py", line 81, in main
ctrl.reloadChannels()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/smart/control.py", line 388, in reloadChannels
if not channel.fetch(self._fetcher, progress):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/smart/channels/urpmi.py", line 243, in fetch
raise Warning, "\n".join(lines)
Warning: Failed acquiring information for 'Main32 Updates':
http://mirror.rosalab.ru/rosa2012.1/rep ... o.xml.lzma: Invalid MD5 (expected a0f74150adfe5947173801bd0bd8d810, got cdab8c4f9c1d9a441de73dfe99f4dc49)

cabernet
Utente junior
Utente junior
ROSA: 2013
OpenMandriva: -
Kernel: -
Desktop: KDE

Re: Smart Package Manager

Post by cabernet »

This issue has been Resolved. I had to review my Rosa Repositories after upgrading KDE and breaking my Rosa 12.1. To elaborate without being side tracked - Kdeinit would not start after upgrading Rosa 12.1 to KDE 4.10.5 packages. The file .xsession errors indicated a problem with libxrender1. After reinstating a couple of Repositories that I had disabled and updating the cache I was able to install Smart Package Manager. Then I was able to make the next step and use Smart to resolve any dependencies and update libxrender. Kdeinit then started ok.