max_user_watches limit

About ROSA Desktop distribution and help to users
andreas
Utente
Utente

max_user_watches limit

Post by andreas »

Not sure this is the right section as this can be a kernel related problem.
Recently, launching KiCad, I started receiving a message about missing space in a device. Googling around I fond that the problem was related to the low value written in /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches that is set to 8192.
Launching Rosa Fresh in live mode I saw that this value is set to 32768, but on my installation is set only to 8192.
Unfortunately that file is not editable because, as far as I could understand, it is each time generated by kernel and not editable even by a root user.
The workaround I found on the net is to add to /usr/lib/sysctl.d/default.conf the line fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 32768, that solved the problem.
I'm currently using the last kernel nrjQL x64 (4.1.3) from Nicco. So, if Nicco confirms that it is a Kernel related problem, it would be nice if he could fix it maybe in next release, otherwise I will open a bug in rosa.
AndreaS

Procio Intel i7-4930k, mobo Asus X79-Deluxe, Adaptec raid 7805, Nvidia Quadro 6000 - Rosa Fresh R3 X64

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Re: max_user_watches limit

Post by rugyada »

Kernelman is the proper person to reply.
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)