Post removed by author

(News about Mandriva) Forum closed. Archive available.
Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior
ROSA: 2012.1
OpenMandriva: Rosa
Kernel: 3.2
Desktop: kde

Post removed by author

Post by Quiroga »

Post removed by author
Last edited by Quiroga on 12 April 2013, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Re: dissolution of "OpenMandriva"

Post by rugyada »

Quiroga wrote:Title: dissolution of "OpenMandriva" and creating "Mandriva Community Foundation"

Dear JM Croset
It is a pleasure to communicate with you;
I am Mandriva.foroactivo manager and representative of the Hispanic community
I write to you with great respect.
I would like to talk about an important issue
is on Mandriva user community.
Since "Mandriva SA" transfer development community distro everything has been an utter failure, creating the asssociation OpenMandriva did not produce fruit, bad governance, lack of strategies and internal differences are finishing extinguish the community interested in Mandriva.

Mandriva SA should help community projects, and the community develop strategies to improve the economic situation of Mandriva SA
But this will not be possible unless there is a reorganization of the community project OpenMandriva.

My proposal is the dissolution of the association OpenMandriva

And to create the "Mandriva Community Foundation"
Staffed by a new administration and organization

The main objective is to recover the community and develop a new version of Mandriva Linux, based on Mandriva 2010.1, Mageia has been a success by adopting this strategy, and would differentiate Mandriva Linux, and Linux Rosa

the main product of the "Mandriva Community Foundation", will be the distro "Mandriva Linux 2013" and to brand unlike Mandriva SA can subtly alter the distribution logo

The "Mandriva Community Foundation" should be funded through donations and sales strategies and services, I have some ideas, which I will not reveal yet

But for this to be possible, we need your support and firm decision.
Please ask him to intervene in the dissolution of OpenMandriva, and the creation of "Mandriva Community Foundation" with a new administration.
Later I will propose to the right person to take charge of "Mandriva Community Foundation"
Claim allowing use Mandriva trademark on the name of the new foundation and the distribution, but with a subtle change in the logo.

I would like to know your position, and have an answer. Mandriva existed thanks to the community, do not give up now when we need it most.
The community was not guilty of mismanagement and bad business strategies of Mandriva SA, there is hope, we can start again
OpenMandriva is a failure, assume that responsibility
I've only heard excuse that they are working, but there is no progress in OpenMandriva
greeted AleQ

Hello Quiroga,
Quiroga wrote:And to create the "Mandriva Community Foundation"
Staffed by a new administration and organization
[...]
Nobody is preventing you from doing your own revolution by yourself ;)

Quiroga wrote:My proposal is the dissolution of the association OpenMandriva
Sorry for you (well, actually I'm not sorry at all) I'll give you a news: OpenMandriva Association cannot be dissolved if not by its own members.
So neither me, nor you, nor Mandriva SA have the right to dissolve anything. Got it?

And JFYI we're working hard, almost everyone in our free time and it's voluntary work.

Be respectful.
You *cannot* judge and criticize what you don't know. From outside you cannot have insight on what is going on and what huge amount of work has been done until today.

In which way have you contributed? :roll:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, anyway.

Regards.
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)

Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior
ROSA: 2012.1
OpenMandriva: Rosa
Kernel: 3.2
Desktop: kde

Post by Quiroga »

Thanks for responding and debate.
I must say that I will not work on something that I do not consider legitimate. But it could have been very important if you have accepted my proposals.
The revolution has already begun, and did my job, had two choices, recover Mandriva Linux, or OpenMandriva this doomed.
Unfortunately nobody wanted to support me, just have to wait and see how OpenMandriva falls apart .. ..In time you will remember me.
If ever you need me mometo know where to contact me ..Farewell part of the community, I will support another project a new fork.Greetings!

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Post by NicCo »

Quiroga wrote:Thanks for responding and debate.
I must say that I will not work on something that I do not consider legitimate. But it could have been very important if you have accepted my proposals.
The revolution has already begun, and did my job, had two choices, recover Mandriva Linux, or OpenMandriva this doomed.
Unfortunately nobody wanted to support me, just have to wait and see how OpenMandriva falls apart .. ..In time you will remember me.
If ever you need me mometo know where to contact me ..Farewell part of the community, I will support another project a new fork.Greetings!
We always try to answer, especially when it comes to things relevant like this
Quiroga wrote: The main objective is to recover the community and develop a new version of Mandriva Linux, based on Mandriva 2010.1, Mageia has been a success by adopting this strategy, ...
I agree, Mageia has been a success, so IMHO there is NO NEED of another fork and/or distro like mageia,
mga is already great and in a good shape, and has all the old school Mandriva "look & feel" you can desire,
if you like so much, why not get mageia and support them (the developers) and their users community...?

bye,
NicCo
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Post by rugyada »

NicCo wrote:I agree, Mageia has been a success
Yeah.
Its success has been possible because at that time there were a lot of packagers, developpers and contributors around Mandriva. Most of them joined mga since it seemed to be the only alternative to the disaster (and someone *is* guilty for that disaster).

I personally never believed mga project is born for no-profit by mostly a group of ex payed/employee people, but rather to gather all the disappointed and sorry candid people who saw their beloved distro nearly going lost and "let" them work as "bénévoles" on a product already intended to be marketed in a near future.

But of course I may be wrong :P
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)