Utente junior
Utente junior
ROSA: 2012.1
OpenMandriva: Rosa
Kernel: 3.2
Desktop: kde

discussion of the name of the distro

Post by Quiroga »

There were many proposals on the future name to bring the distro, the community participated in proposing some names : https://wiki.mandrivalinux.org/index.php/Future_Name
I have also proposed a name
but I've noticed that this has been a cause of fights, people are reluctant to cede positions
This situation is damaging to the community, this dividing again
this was over and managed to destroy the community to disappear
nobody wants the community disappears
honestly I'm tired of war OpenMandriva - Moondrake
Mageia was an example of doing things right
this community OpenMandriva has become a shit

I call on the community, to require Mandriva S.A DISTRO WILL FOLLOW THE CALLING "Mandriva"
We will have to negotiate with Mandriva SA, this situation,
Entire community must step forward, and together retrieve the name Mandriva Linux distribution.

http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/15/40/05/37/mdvale10.png

NicCo
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: discussion of the name of the distro

Post by NicCo »

You're right

the proper name might be something amongst:
beat linux, combat linux, fight linux, hit linux, strike linux, quarrel linux, spar linux, war linux,
or "insanity linux"... :x

... but the developments go on steadily, and I hope we soon should have some 2013 Beta isos
--- Professional experience ---
Kernel designer, engineer, maintainer and tester for ROSA Desktop and OpenMandriva Lx O.S.

--- currently I'm playing with ---
LTS Kernels > Linux 4.1.12-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.18.17-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.14.46-nrjQL
EOL Kernels > Linux 3.19.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.17.8-nrjQL <<< Linux 3.15.10-nrjQL

Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by Quiroga »

Do not worry that the Beta will arrive soon, the question now is that all communities must unite Mandriva, MIB, Blogdrake, Community Brazil, Russian community, Hispanic community, among others, in order to retrieve the name "Mandriva" for distribution.
We do not want "OpenMandriva" nor other names, we want the distro named "Mandriva"
Just sent some letters to Messrs. JMCROSSET, CHARLES SCHULZ, hope your answers.
Nicco you need, to collaborate and to Mandriva SA exigamos we return the name "Mandriva" the distro
Meet the community, and schedule an open letter published for the next week to ask autorisé Mandriva SA that use the name "Mandriva" in the distro.
They agree?
The community united is stronger!

rugyada
Amministratore
Amministratore
ROSA: ROSA.Fresh R8 64bit
OpenMandriva: OMLx 4.2
Kernel: kernel-release
Desktop: KDE tutta la vita

Post by rugyada »

Quiroga wrote:I call on the community, to require Mandriva S.A DISTRO WILL FOLLOW THE CALLING "Mandriva"
We will have to negotiate with Mandriva SA, this situation,
Entire community must step forward, and together retrieve the name Mandriva Linux distribution.
Not really.
Charles wrote:Because the use of the name Mandriva without "Open" next to it is prohibited.
Have your asked Mandriva Corp for authorization?
JFYI, the OpenMandriva Association has a special licence to use that name, but only in conjunction with the mention "Open"
I'd be grateful if you could take down the name "Mandriva " immediately.
Quiroga wrote:We do not want "OpenMandriva" nor other names, we want the distro named "Mandriva"
I don't :)
ciauu ciauu, ruru

MIB... e le stelle stanno a guardare.
«E' bello avere delle certezze, tipo la terra gira, il sole è caldo, se ti prendi con quelli del MIB vieni fanculizzato. Cose semplici, in fondo» (M.C.)

Quiroga
Utente junior
Utente junior

Post by Quiroga »

According to the release of Mandriva Official Blog. it was launching a survey to determine *** the name of the distro and the Foundation *** : https://blog.mandriva.com/en/2012/07/05 ... trubution/
A small group of people felt the community owners and proposed the names they wanted
I and many of my forum users sent their suggestions and were never considered for the vote
True community did not participate nor free to propose any name
According to official announcement of the vote was to last a week
and the winning name was: Mandala Linux "with large majorities
When it comes time to close the survey, Mandriva. SA for fraud and for longer stretches the survey because they did not accept that Mandala Linux, is the name Elected by the community
and disqualify the name Mandala for alleged voting irregularities
The vote was an absolute fraud, not incorporate any name proposed by the true community, were the whim of 10 people, who felt the community owners
The vote should have been canceled after the irregularities
I will never accept as OpenMandriva name for the distro, knowing qu was Elected through fraud and without the participation of the community
I proposed MANDRACO: "MANDRAke COmmunity"
but was never considered to be in the voting
So to claim Mandriva SA, which returns the name of the distribution Mandriva

as a last resort and that there will be another vote immediately, involving the community where the choice of the new name. transparently and without fraud

regards